Blue Designs - Architectural Designers

I have a blog on - unfortunately I can no longer post new blog posts here - please follow me on

Call Claire + 27 11 025 4458 / +27 11 025 4458

Whatsapp +27 66 232 3676

Email :

Showing Tag: "builder" (Show all posts)

Owner Builders & the NHBRC

Posted by Blue Designs - Architectural Designers on Monday, September 3, 2012, In : NHBRC 

In terms of owner builders and the NHBRC, genuine owner builders are not obliged to register with the NHBRC, nor do their homes need to be enrolled with the NHBRC.

The National Home Builders Registration Council (NHBRC) was established in terms of the Housing Consumer Protection Measures Act, 1998 (Act No. 95 of 1998) (the Act). The Council is mainly established to protect the interest of housing consumers, and to regulate the home building industry.

In terms of Owner Builders and the NHBRC, ge...

Continue reading ...

Builder vs Project Manager vs Bakkie Builder - What's The Difference?

Posted by Blue Designs - Architectural Designers on Friday, August 3, 2012, In : Building 

Many people are not aware of the difference between a Building contractor, a Project Manager and a Bakkie Builder and there is a big difference. In many cases there is a degree of overlap and as with all businesses there are good ones and bad ones all the way through the mix.

Starting with a Building Contractor or Builder. Generally they employ a number of skilled workers and the majority of trades are done in-house. They own a much of their equipment and are able to take on larger projects. ...

Continue reading ...

Who is responsible for the NHBRC Certificate - the owner or the builder?

Posted by Blue Designs - Architectural Designers on Saturday, May 28, 2011, In : NHBRC 
The Owner will be paying the fee to the NHBRC (National Home Builders Regulatory Council) either indirectly through the Builder's quote if the fee has been added to the tender or directly if not.  The fee is not for the Builder's account as the NHBRC warrantee benefits the home owner for five years and not the builder.  However the Builder needs to enroll the house with the NHBRC once building starts and he must be registered with them as well.
Continue reading ...


Contact Us For a Quote

Make a free website with Yola