You will need sign off from the Building Inspector in order to get your Occupation Certificate.  Your local authority will furnish you with the Building Inspectors contact details, you will need to phone them before 10am as they are only in the office between 7am - 10am.  Building Inspectors need to be contacted when you are digging the foundations, they will need to see the foundations for a trench inspection before you pour the concrete. You will also need to arrange appointments with your Building Inspector to do a drain inspection, at lintol height, before you pour concrete for a floor/roof slab and again at roof height.  In order to get your Occupation Certificate you will need an Electrical Certificate of Compliance, an IOPSA (Plumbing Certificate), an ITC (Roof Truss) Certificate, a Glazing Certificate and a Completion Certificate from your Structural Engineer (if you needed one).  For more information on Occupation Certificates check out the article on our Articles Page.